Sunday, December 28, 2014

Well, I Tried


I really thought I was going to be able to do it.  Even though I was a month behind, I really thought, as recently as yesterday, that I would eventually be able to do recaps of all the winter league games.

But I can't.  I just don't have the time.  Life has gotten a lot more full than it was last year when I did this.  That's good in a lot of ways--life is a lot more satisfying this way--but nothing in life comes without a cost, and the cost is that I just don't have as much time to devote to baseball as I used to.  I still have some, just not as much.

So, I'm going to abandon doing game-by-game recaps of the winter leagues.  That does not, however, mean that this blog is going to go dormant.  Here's my new plan.

The regular season of the Caribbean Leagues is about over.  I'll do a season-end report for each league. giving final standings, league leaders, and how Twins players did.  I'll also do occasional reports on the playoffs in each league, although I'm not sure yet how often or what form those reports will take.  I will, I hope, do game-by-game recaps of the championship series in each league, as well as each game of the Caribbean Series.

The Australian League regular season still has some time to go.  I'll do weekly reports on how things are going there, again giving standings, league leaders, and how Twins players are doing.  I'll do game-by-game recaps of the playoffs when they start, too.

And when the minor league seasons start, we'll be back like last year.  We'll have daily recaps of each Twins minor league team, players of the week, and players of the month.

Could the plan change?  Of course.  Plans change all the time.  But that's my plan for right now.

Thanks to anyone who has been following this blog.  As I said, the blog is not going to die.  It's simply going to change during the off-season.  If you're a Doctor Who fan, think of it as a regeneration.

If all goes well, we'll do an Australian League recap tomorrow.  Given the Caribbean schedule and the fact that the New Year's holiday is in there, the Caribbean reports may not start until next week.  Thanks for reading.  Best wishes always.

No comments:

Post a Comment